Thursday, March 7, 2019

Planning The Cover Image

I have been really stuck on finding something I think will be engaging for the cover image, especially since the background will be black. I was trying to think of how to make it not look like a dance magazine and use acting, singing and dancing in the cover. I had the idea to make a collage of all the three aspects of musical theatre.

This is the (very) rough sketch I made in my phone of the idea I had and then I tested it to see if it was actually doable. To do this I brought out the skills I gained from making really bad fan edits in middle school. This included a specific app called Picsart. I have used Picsart for many projects and it definitely came in handy to bring my idea to life. I first created stickers of people dancing and singing on stage using pictures from google. 


After that I created a collage and made a really rough first draft of my idea. 


Overall this really helped visualize my cover image and I definitely recommend others to try Picarts.




No comments:

Post a Comment