Sunday, March 31, 2019

Table of Contents Planning


I have been looking at a bunch of different layouts for my table of contents and I came down with two main options. inspired by the following two table of contents.



Out of these I came up with two ideas that I liked. I made more graphics so I could visualize them. one is a drawing and one I made on my phone.

#1

For this idea I wanted a dance move that was very linear so that the text or title table of contents could easily fit around it. One of the problems I have with it is that I think my magazine will look too dance focused. Also this is solely for the purpose of layout. The colors in the picture are disgusting and not at all what I plan to use in my actual magazine. This is also not as creative as I would have liked it to be but it is defiantly more conventional. 



This idea was heavily inspired by the third photo and the concept for it is to have theatre related things like a headshot, dance shoes, makeup, etc. and have them cut out and put on the left side of the pages. This would let the reader of the magazine see things like rosin which they might have never known was used for theatre and learn more about the behind the scenes of the art form. I also think this would be way more inclusive and encapsulate more aspects of theatre other than dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment